DSW seeks Communications Production Manager for a contract position.
Duration of contract: July 1 – September 30, 2014, April 1 – June 30, 2015
Dancers’ Studio West (DSW) is seeking a Communications Production Manager to manage marketing, communications, and publicity as well as production coordination and communications for the Annual Alberta Dance Festival and the Dance Action Lab productions. Through innovative presentations, professional development and educational programs, Dancers’ Studio West nurtures contemporary dance artists and shares a public appreciation of contemporary dance. www.dswlive.ca
The Communications Production Manager will report to the Business Manager and the Board of Directors. This is a part-time contract position that will primarily work from home. This position will be integral to the success of the DSW’s 2014-15 season’s productions and a key position within the team to implement and execute activities. The ideal candidate will have an interest in dance, and a background in event, festival, or arts coordination.
- Manage publicity, media relations, marketing, and advertising
- Coordinate print media (posters, postcards, programs, etc)
- Coordinate schedules for performance, venues, workshops, and classes
- Manage website (WordPress) and social media
- Implement timelines for schedules, artists, and media
- Organize box office and front of house
- In conjunction with Business Manager, arrange production details
- Coordinate internal communications with Business Manager, Artistic Director, and Board.
- Arrange contracts with festival & technical staff.
- The ideal candidate:
- Is computer savvy and has experience with WordPress or other webpage set-up
- Graphic design ability would be an asset
- Is a clear, confident communicator in written and oral communication
- Is extremely organized and detail-oriented; adept at managing multiple tasks
- Works well independently developing their own deadlines and reporting to the team
- Is a positive, professional spokesperson for the organization
- Has experience maintaining and developing media relationships
- A home work space is required, and experience in non-profit arts sector is ideal.
This is a contract position with flexible hours; a total of 120 hours over 12 weeks for July – September 2014 (with a concentration of hours leading up to Festival events mid-September) and a total of 60 hours over 12 weeks for April – June 2015 (with a concentration of hours leading up to Dance Action Lab production end of June).
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Robin Tufts, Board President by email to: email@example.com.
Closing Date to receive applications: May 30, 2014
Thank you for your interest in Dancers’ Studio West; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.